Over 50 Free (Or Low Cost) Safety Apps Reviewed!
Recently, thousands of mobile apps have been developed for mobile devices such as smart phones and tablet computers. Hundreds of these apps have been designed to help safety professionals control workplace accidents and illnesses. Unfortunately, many of these “safety apps” are nothing more than fancy advertisements, toys, or a quick way for the developer to make a buck.
However, there are a few outstanding safety apps that are must-have tools for every progressive safety professional. But who has the time to review hundreds of safety apps in order to identify the best ones? We do!
Every Monday we publish a new “Safety App of the Week” article where our team critically reviews another workplace safety and health related app. These mobile apps are tested on Apple iPads and rated from ♥ to ♥♥♥♥♥ (♥♥♥♥♥ is the best). Below is our inventory of “Safety App of the Week” articles:-
“Safety App Of The Week” Archives-
- 6/17/13 - LuxMeter
- 6/10/13 - NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
- 6/7/13 - How Are You Using Mobile Apps?
- 6/3/13 - Dräger – Gas Detection
- 5/27/13 - Units – Free Unit Converter
- 5/20/13 - CSP Quiz Game “Plus”
- 5/13/13 - Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- 5/12/13- The Best Sound Measurement App Just Got Better
- 5/7/13 - Should You Use An Android Device For Safety Apps?
- 5/6/13 - EHS Audit Mobile
- 4/29/13 - Tornado by American Red Cross
- 4/22/13 - 30 Sound Measurement Apps Reviewed
- 4/15/13 - Safety Inspection
- 4/8/13 - Manual Handling
- 4/1/13 - DL Alerts
- 3/25/13 - Pocket Safety
- 3/18/13 - LiftRight
- 3/11/13 - Crosby Lifting Guide
- 3/4/13 - Professional Safety Journal HD
- 2/25/13 - WorkSafeBC Interactive EBooks
- 2/18/13 - WorkSafeBC Safety Videos
- 2/11/13 - HSE Buddy
- 2/4/13 - iConstructSafe