On-the-Job Stretching ProgramsSeptember 9, 2015 No Comments
On-the-Job Stretching Programs
Workplace on-the-job stretching programs are controversial, some safety professionals believe in them while others think they are a waste of time.
I developed a highly successful on-the-job stretching program at one large manufacturer. After a few weeks into the program, the union employees liked stretching so much that when their supervisor was sick, they’d just go ahead and stretch on their own without him! In time, the manual material handling injuries at this company went way down and the moral improved – both due to my pre-shift on-the-job stretching program.
Below are links to a number of resources that will help you evaluate the merits of workplace stretching programs. If you do decide to implement one, I’ve also included links on sample stretching programs and exercises.
Benefits/disadvantages of stretching programs
- Warming up to On-the-Job Exercise : Effectiveness of Exercise Programs in Preventing or Relieving Musculoskeletal Disorders
- The most important reason to implement a pre shift stretching program
Sample stretching programs and exercises
- Stretching for fun & profit
- Let’s stretch
- Stretching & moving for your health
- 5-Minute solutions – stretching
- How to exercise your back
- Stretching technical bulletin
- How to stretch
When buying safety products (or anything else) THANK YOU for using our links to Amazon.com