Everything You Need To Know About OSHA StandardsDecember 11, 2016 No Comments
OSHA is the main federal agency charged with the enforcement of workplace safety and health standards in the United States of America. It is a large governmental agency with thousands of pages of complex standards. Understanding these voluminous standards and regulations is a daunting task.
In the last five years, SafetyAwakenings.com has written dozens of articles on OSHA, their standards, and the interpretation and enforcement of these standards. These articles were written by safety professionals with prior OSHA experience who taught OSHA’s 30-hour training courses. They offer “insider” guidance on self-compliance, and tell you just about everything you need to know about OSHA standards.
Finally, we’ve collected all of our OSHA offerings on this one webpage. Below are the hotlinks to each of our popular OSHA publications. Everything that you need to know about OSHA standards in little bite-sized pieces!
We have organized them from the most basic to the most advanced. If you are a young student just wanting to learn the basics – read the first few articles. However, if you are an experienced safety professional you will get the most out of the latter articles.
- Your Introduction To OSHA
- Thank God For OSHA!
- Getting The Most Out Of OSHA’s Website
- Better OSHA Compliance In 11 Steps
- OSHA’s Hazard Identification Training Tool
- OSHA’s General Duty Clause Explained
- Don’t Forget The OSHA Poster
- Post Your OSHA 300A Form
- Required Annual OSHA Training
- Free OSHA Updater Service
- Our Favorite OSHA Reference Book
- Industry Specific OSHA Safety Standards
- OSHA Enforcement
- OSHA’s Top Ten Safety Violations
- Prevent OSHA’s #1 Violation At Your Company
- Here’s How OSHA Inspectors “Interpret” OSHA Standards
- When It Comes To Workers Safety Standards, Who Does It Better – USA or Canada?
- Should OSHA Be Able To Fine Individual Employees?
- OSHA’s FAQs And Standards Interpretation Letters
- OSHA Hates Safety Incentive Programs
- OSHA – It’s Been 45 Years, How Are They Doing?
- OSHA Safety Inspections 101
- The Basic OSHA Inspection Tool Box
- OSHA Inspection Checklist
- Document Everything
- FOM – The OSHA Enforcement “Bible”
- Has Your Company Been Targeted By OSHA?
- OSHA Can Use Insurance Reports Against You
- The Best Defense Against OSHA
- How To Make A Machine “Invisible” To OSHA Inspectors
- OSHA’s Occupational Health Standards Are Not Up To Date
- Going Above And Beyond The Standards
- Is Complying With OSHA Enough?
- OSHA Compliance Isn’t Good Enough
- Don’t Always Accept The Status Quo
- How To Manage Your OSHA Inspector
If you found this article helpful, please spread the word. Tell your LinkedIn, Twitter, and ASSE friends about it.–
When buying safety products (or anything else) THANK YOU for using our links to Amazon.com